Sunday, July 25, 2010

Father's Day


June 19 and 20, 2010

We just happened to be home for Father's Day weekend last year and attended services at Cornerstone. When a guy got up on stage to sing a song with his guitar I thought, "Well, we were not on top of things. I could have let Pastor Sarah know that Bobby has a song appropriate for Father's Day called "Little Man" on his just-released CD. We could have had Landis holding his own guitar sitting next to him, maybe even dressed similar to Bobby 'cause he's the "little man!" Shoot, we sure did miss a good opportunity! Of course we hadn't planned on being home. There was a cancellation and there wasn't time to get the song approved at such short notice. "Oh well," I thought, "maybe that could happen next year."

Sure enough, I asked Deeanna who lead the drama ministry and she brought it up in staff meeting. The song was approved and Bobby sang "Little Man" while Landis mimicked his dad on his own guitar. The band backed them up and my friends, Chele and Marna, sang background vocals.

I was surprised at how nervous I was on Saturday morning as I sent a text to Pastor Sarah verifying a couple of details of the service. There was no need to be nervous. Bobby and Landis sang and played beautifully Saturday evening and many people commented on how the little boy kept looking at his dad's hands while he played which went with the message of the song so well.

We were back for the Sunday morning services to do it all over again. We were given permission to make our CDs available in the lobby and sold a few...we were pretty disappointed about that since that was our income for the week.

I failed to simply take a snapshot but I did get some terrible video. I say "terrible" because the video was taken on my little Sony Cyber-shot which I carry either in Grace's back pack or in my purse. It's takes OK pictures but not so much on the videos. Actually, the video is OK, it's the audio that ruins everything. This is their sound check which was done after church on the Wednesday night before.

We were grateful for the opportunity to sing at Cornerstone and attend our third weekend service of the year. OH! And very VERY thankful to be home for nearly 2 WEEKS! Yay!!! Sssshhhhhh, don't tell Bobby. He doesn't like staying home because he thinks his wallet shrinks.

1 comment:

Mary said...

It was very good that Sunday morning. I love Mother's day and Father's day at Cornerstone.