Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm sure not good at making daily entries. But I'm a very fast typist so I can catch up!!!

Keep in mind I'm following Bob Rodger's book:

Day 2 - Fasting and drinking water
FAITH

The Lord really spoke to me today about my attitude toward my husband. AFTER I repented I read Matthew 7. Whew! Glad I repented first - I might not have been able to physically bear the load of conviction.


Day 3 - Read through your bible in a year
STRENGTH

Oh, I was so weak this morning. I kept thinking of the scripture about the joy of the Lord being my strength. I turned to Nehemiah but didn't know where it was in Nehemiah. I prayed and knew that if I could just enter in to His presence I'd be ok. I felt too weak and sick. I'm telling you, I thought of my mother on her death bed when she was so weak she couldn't raise her eyelids all the way up. I've never felt so weak. Part of my problem was I drank all mineral or spring water yesterday (not good for you when fasting). Finally, a couple of hours later (after a nap - Bobby's home), I looked at Rodger's book and sure enough, today he talks about STRENGTH and refers to Neh. 8:10!! God is good.

Day 4 - A specific place for fasting
THERE IS NO WANT

The week prior to Easter I fasted 7 days - only water. One of the things I was praying about was Bobby's income. I prayed that God would double it. The very next week he was laid off! Bobby and I together began fasting on April 24 for 21 days - nothing but water. We're believing together for that income to double. There is no want. One thing Rodgers writes in his book is, '
'...one of the first things that fasting does in a person's life is to break poverty and debt.'
Breakthrough is on the way!

Day 6 - Fasting with a right heart
VICTORY!

God's timing is perfect. Today Pastor Davis preached that FAITH WORKS BY LOVE.

Day 8 - Fasting launches ministry
GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR FAMILY

Yes, I believe that. Mark 4: 31 & 32 I've always heard it taught that all you need is a little bit of faith, the size of a mustard seed. But I don't remember hearing anyone talk about "grown faith." The mustard seed, when it is grown is "greater than all the herbs and shoots out large branches"
Lord, I want grown faith.

Day 9 - Expect God's plan for your future
FAITH

We had an incredible time of worship in choir tonight. Tears, bowed knees, raised hands, praying and singing in tongues...and running mascara. Afterward, Stephanie Ebling approached me rather cautiously and said she believed the Lord spoke to her and said to tell me that He was going to use me to speak into someone's life in the next week. So just be ready and watching for it. I was grateful and thanked her for having the courage to tell me.

Day 11 - An American tradition
DIVINE HEALTH

Yesterday I was walking on the track at Bethel and I saw Wanda (Mother's Day Out teacher) watching over children playing in the gym below. At one point I rounded a corner and was behind Wanda. She couldn't see me as I took a long look at her obese legs. At the next corner I stopped walking to reach for my water. Just then the Lord asked me, "How do you look at Wanda?" I need not tell you how much conviction I felt.

She's been on my mind this morning. I cry when I think about her. (I seem to be very emotional during this fast) I'll be praying about the opportunity to reach out to her. It will be a little effort since the only way I know how to reach her is when she's working and Hope isn't going to MDO right now.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Referring to Mat. 7, http://joshuajayg.blogspot.com/2007/04/ouch.html

This was a post on another blog I found. Judging others is a fault all of us have. We have to watch it and think of what God would ask us as he did to you.

You are strong and God is making you stronger. Don't give up. Obedience will bring so much fruit and growth to your life that you won't know what to do with it. Also, be humble. I say that just because I know I have a problem with that.

God loves you and so do I.

Joshua