Sunday, November 25, 2007

Well, one night to bed before 9:30, the rest of my life to go. The other night as I was drifting off to sleep at, oh....about 1:00 a.m., I thought, "Why don't I go to bed at 9 or 10 and get that really healthy sleep before midnight and then just get up earlier. I'll bet I'd still get more sleep than if I messed around trying to make sure everyone's b'fasts and lunches are made. I get sidetracked when I do that but if I waited to do that stuff until the morning hours (just getting up earlier...like 4:30 or 5:00) I'd still get more sleep and it would be a healthier sleep. So, it's gonna take me months to change my ways, (a friend of mine says it takes about 6 months to make a lifestyle change) but I know whoever reads my blog will keep me accountable and on track.

Faith has had runny/watery diapers. But I've found if I give her probiotics, she's better.

Grace is trying to get pink eye again. She's always been prone to getting the cold in her eye for some reason. I saw some matter in her eye last night before bed. We put some diluted colloidal silver in both eyes and so far we've constrained the nasty stuff to just a tiny bit of matter in the inner corner of her left eye. Also I've been giving her a homeopathic called Candida Yeast to try and eliminate the odor in her ever present, annoying drool.

I slow-cooked a roast, potatoes, green beans and onions last week. The roast was tough. Dad says it's because they were mostly grass-fed. I got the leftovers out of the fridge last night and cut the potato wedges into smaller pieces, added some leftover corn from the fridge, some leftover, already-cooked ground beef, beef soup base, water and salt and pepper. This morning I popped it in the oven and set the oven on warm before I left for church at 7:00. It was a wonderful soup that I'll be sending with Landis and Bobby in their thermos' for lunch.

Landis, Grace and Faith are still awake and it's 9:04. I need for them to go to sleep so I can go to sleep. Everyone's used to staying up late the last several nights.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm trying to make changes too. I am realizing how important it is to make a few changes in my boys habits too. Not that they are doing anything bad, but more sleep and less sugar would be really good for them.