Friday, July 07, 2006






I got so inspired that I decided to make another entry - so quickly.

Bobby has been home so little. He's just completed another album with Heritage Road and it sounds great. They did a remake of one of their tunes from several years ago called, "Across The Miles," this time featuring Sonya Isaacs. He's been so busy with music that his regular job with Three Rivers Contracting has taken a back seat. He left for Western Canada Thursday morning, June 29 and today is in British Columbia on Pacific Time. He is tired from singing daily and traveling 300-500 miles between dates but he's doing well.

We're looking forward to our trip to MI. We leave on Monday morning and travel with Kris & Mary and their boys. We will stay with my cousin Roxie, her husband, Jeff and their 7 children. She's about to give birth to baby number 8. She called a few minutes ago and I told her it sounded like a cafeteria in the background. Today was mopping day and she was supervising the task at hand.

The photo above is my mother-in-law, Tena Bowen. She is pictured here with her older brother, Harold and the resemblance between her and her granddaughter, Hope is remarkable. Tena is 3 years old in this picture, the same age as Hope is right now. What a shame if I had missed this opportunity to snap a quick picture. I had thought of doing this several weeks ago but realized if I don't take the time to do it, it won't just happen on it's own. For me, it's one of those projects that, when you do it, you feel like you're wasting precious time. Nonsense. It does take time to do it and it's worth it - for generations to come.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Very cute! Of course you need frames for that and I wonder if you should make the one of Hope and Landis Black and White to really get the effect. So funny, I was thinking...hmmm since the first picture was taken, dolly's have gotten smaller and guns have gotten bigger. Once again you've captured the Robertson County Redneck in Landis.

Becky Jo said...

I wanted to make it b&w but didn't know how. Tell me.