Sunday, December 30, 2007




Had an adventure with Grace last night and this morning. My email to sister, Mary follows:

Grace got out of bed twice. The second time she got out she fell asleep on the floor and when Bobby put her back in bed, she woke up and squirmed once again. I think she got out after we were in bed and was on the floor all night. That's not so terrible but this morning when we went to get her, she was wedged and Bobby had to lift the bed while I pulled her out. We noticed some blood on the sheet and I figured it was from her mouth (she's had a canker sore). But Bobby showed me her foot was cut pretty nasty. She has a long curvy cut around her ankle bone and down onto her heel. She also has 3 spots where she rubbed herself raw - no top layer of skin. One on the side of her heel, another on the ankle bone and a third spot, small, on her pelvic bone. So... we had a BLOODY mess to clean up before church. I felt a little sick to my stomach, aggravated and angry all at once. I was mad at the devil and told Grace and Bobby so and said it's not God's will for her to be sleeping under a bed cutting herself and getting blood everywhere. Not until this afternoon did I move the bed and see what it looked like under there. There's a blood spot about 5-6 inches in diameter. I soaked it with hydrogen peroxide. Wow. That causes a chemical reaction. It made the spot warm and of course it fizzed. I'll be working on that into tomorrow. We weren't late though. Good old Bobby has us leaving at 7:00 which always gives us a cushion in case we run into problems like the one we had this morning.

Now I have to go clean up lotion out of the carpet in the yellow room. Faith got into trouble. At least it smells good.

I am constantly reminded of the importance of praying in the Spirit. When I am overwhelmed with Grace's needs and when I need creativity (which is every day) if I will pray in the Holy Spirit as He gives me utterance, my faith is built up and my prayers are not limited to my own understanding. Praise the Lord. Deeanna had a timely word this morning during the praise and worship time at church. I heard her say later she was scared to death but I thanked her for trusting the Lord to speak through her for it was exactly what I needed to hear today:
"...leave your past behind you. Behold I have done a new thing and I will be your strength in the midst of the wilderness. Leave your dry and thirsty place and come to me. Lay down all the things that have so encumbered you and you will find rest and a drink of living water."
I must leave all my mistakes as Grace's mother, as well as my successes behind me as I enter this new year. God Almighty has already ordered mine and Grace's steps for 2008 and He will be our strength as we move forward. I've been dry and thirsty lately and I'm so tired of it. I give all the trials, temptations of doubt and fear and the burdens that come with a handicapped child, to HIM for He knows...He knows. He will refresh me with His living water.
What a great tough love sermon this morning - perfect for the last Sunday of 2007, looking forward to a new year. One wrong thought, though...eggs are GOOD for you! It's a totally natural food. It does depend on how you fix them of course. Boiled or raw are better than fried. And I'm talking about free range FRESH eggs from the farm - like we eat. And you know what? A little bacon won't hurt you either if you raise your own pork! I agree with him on the gravy. Not good for you but it sure is tasty! Would you believe a "nutritionist" from Vanderbilt advised me to give Grace gravy every day to put weight on her??? I didn't take her advice for I don't follow the thought that a heavy child is a healthy child. In our case, a heavy child means my achy back!!

No comments: