Friday, December 21, 2007

School's OUT!!! Right now I'm excited about it. Probably, come New Year's Day I'll be ready "for school to start again," as the old Christmas song goes. Yesterday, the kids helped me all day long as we cleaned and got ready to host a party for my Youngevity team last night. Today, we awoke when we wanted to (which was 5:45 - oh! That's NOT what I wanted) and we're living leisurely. It's so nice to be done with everything, the Christmas concert at church and last night's party, and just enjoy family time the last few days before Christmas. OK - I do have about 6 loads of laundry to do and I need to start packing for the our road trip to Arkansas on Christmas day but I consider the hard part to be over with. At least we can all stay home!

Grace got the bug the Faith had almost 2 weeks ago. Wednesday at school she started with a lot of congestion and by bedtime Wednesday night she had a fever. She started out cooler Thursday morning but had a fever most all day, cooling off a little by bedtime. I gave her nothing for her fever but allowed her increased temp to burn out the bug. She sipped on Pedialite and water all day. Something I read recently said that we don't want to eat anything when we have a fever because our body knows the liver can't handle it. Our liver is busy detoxing and cleansing and doesn't need the extra work load of trying to aid in digestion as well. This morning Grace woke up with no fever and she's happy after having a couple servings of diluted juice to get her body going for the day. She's laughing at Popeye right now. I thoroughly believe that if I had tried to suppress the fever like I have in years gone by, I would have prolonged the sickness by not allowing the fever to do it's job.

Time to get started on that laundry and feed Grace.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ivan's fever only lasted a day also. He is still very snotty and coughs a bit, but all I did was give him silver and put Vick's on his feet at night. The first night was rough, he woke up a lot, but he was better the next day.