Tuesday, April 18, 2006


Wow. Two weeks since I posted. I don't like to wait that long but I can't help it. It's just been a very busy time with Easter and all.

Grace is complaining every morning when I get her ready for school. She reminds me of myself when I was her age. I used to tell my mom I didn't feel good because I wanted to stay home with her. Mom made me go, of course, and many mornings I got on the bus in tears. Once I was there I was fine and Grace's daily notes from the teacher tell me she's the same way.

Landis' attention span is short most of the time. However, he's a great helper with so many things. He puts the dishes away from the dishwasher, he vacuums, he can bathe himself (but I often help because he's slow to get started), he puts his clean folded clothes away, he can quiet the baby - as well as make the baby cry, he's been starting the van for me for several months now. It was so nice of him to start it up in the winter months and turn the heat on.

Hope can't seem to keep her thumb out of her mouth and her finger out of her nose. She's my "bag lady". She carries 2 dolls and 3 purses around and still finds a way to get her thumb in her mouth. She and Landis can play so well together as well as do a pretty good job of fighting. The other day I heard Landis doing his usual manipulative move on her when he didn't get his way immediately. I've heard this so much lately I told him to cut it out! He says, "I'm going to my room and I'm not gonna play with you anymore!!!" Instead of her usual pandering after him and telling him he could do things his way she said very calmly, "Ok, Landis. Shut your [bedroom] door." She's still into mess-making too. I still have to keep a close eye on her. Yesterday she was supposed to wash her hands and come out to the kitchen. About 3 minutes had gone by and I could still hear water running so I hollered, "Hope are you making a mess?!" Her reply was, "No. I'm cleaning up a mess."

Faith is just as sweet as can be. We are all enjoying her very much. 13 lbs and talking a lot. She's not bald like the she appears in the picture. I guess it's the light behind her.

No comments: