Tuesday, April 04, 2006


Whew! I just got back from a rehearsal with the worship team and there's just nothing more relaxing to me. I was nonstop and on the go from 6:00 this morning until 7:00 tonight when I sat down to sing with 9 others. Nonstop with the exception of sitting down and feeding Faith and one of those feedings was in the van.

Groceries. It takes my entire "mother's day out" time to get groceries, with driving to Franklin, KY, getting the oil changed (but in Kentucky it's an "earl change") stopping to feed a baby and buying a month's worth of groceries - yeah, it takes the entire 5 hour time slot.

The photo taken above was taken a couple of weeks ago. It cracked me up to turn and see Hope, my thumb-sucker, getting her fix while showing Faith how she could get her own fix with the passy. Hey when you've got something good going on you want to share it with others, right?

Something that blessed me today: nice people. I approached the little stand to give the guy my keys and information on my van in order to get the earl change. He said, "It's a beautiful day the Lord has blessed us with, isn't it?" Then he ran ahead and opened two doors for me. I went in to look at fabrics and the two ladies waiting on me were so friendly and very gracious. I was about to enter a space between two checkout lanes and a middle-aged man came from the opposite direction at the same time. He stopped short and motioned for me to come through and said, "You come first, you have priority." He said that because I was pushing a baby. I left Wal Mart feeling so blessed. It reminded me of what I can do for others by just treating them with kindness and giving them a smile.

My midwife called me when I got home and said she was in the area and instead of coming tomorrow at 1:00 like we had planned, she asked if she could swing by now? Sure. It was so nice to see her. I hadn't seen her since Faith was born (9 weeks ago today). Faith weighs an even 12 pounds today and is a healthy baby. I enjoy visiting with Kathy and was trying to think of more questions to ask her to keep her there just a little longer. But I knew she was tired and had one more appointment to make before she was finished for the day.

The rest of my afternoon consisted of putting groceries away, making dinner, bathing children, feeding Grace, hanging sheets on the line, supervising outdoor play (neighbor children came over). I apologized to Bobby for having such a messy house when he arrived home this evening but there was just nothing I could have done. He told me not to worry about it and things were tidied up considerably when I got home.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I was feeling pretty good, but since reading that I'm a little tired. I think I'll go get a nap so you can get some rest.