Thursday, March 23, 2006




The house is quiet except for the occasional "coo" coming from the swing. Faith can be so difficult to keep awake in the evening hours but the later it gets, the wider her eyes get. She's not collicky, just ALERT. I sat down to feed her at 9:00 and she ate a little and started to doze off. I held her for a bit and then laid her in her crib. That was her wake-up call. I let her cry for a while until I knew she was good and sweaty. Now she's swinging. I'm not speaking to her - I'm ignoring her. She's got to learn this is not social hour. At least this gives me opportunity to blog. I just felt someone staring at me. I turned around and she's glaring, expressionless, at my backside.

Grace & Hope are sleeping. Landis is probably sleeping too but I can't see him. He's in Cincinnati with Bobby for the weekend. Landis often asks Bobby if he can go along and it seems there's never a perfect time but Jason was taking his family along this time and I thought it would be fun for Kade and Landis to have a reunion. I also thought it would be fun for Becky to not have to deal with Landis and Hope tattling on each other all weekend. Of course the week we leave town (Michigan trip) would be the week that Bobby for various reasons ended up sleeping at home every night instead of his hotel room in Waverly. And, of course, this week when we're back home, he was back in the hotel room this week. He slept here Wednesday night but didn't get home from church until 10:00 because of a sound check he had to stay for. He spent just a few minutes with the kids before we all went to bed. He worked a half day today, came home to shower and pack and was off by 5:15 to meet Jason and his family. He'll be back Sunday afternoon. What I'm trying to say is, the kids and I haven't seen much of him the past few weeks since he's working out of town coupled with the fact that he sings on the weekend every now and then. So I'm really glad Landis got to go with his Daddy.

Landis stayed home today because his right eye was red. We still don't know if it's pink eye or an allergy. However, knowing Landis like I do, I strongly believe it's allergic. He wasn't touching it all day so that helped in my decision to let him go with Bobby. If it WERE Pink Eye he'd be giving it to everyone because of rubbing his eye. Besides, he's taking a natural antibiotic for it just to be safe.

Grace lost her 4th tooth! Her two bottom teeth are growing in very nicely but there's still no teeth to be seen on the top. I teased her about not being able to bite me now. She got a kick out of that.

No comments: