Monday, March 27, 2006

I welcome Mondays. I love the weekend but I don't dread Monday like I used to when I was in school or when I had a job. Monday morning means it time to sort the laundry and get a load in, empty out all the backpacks, diaper bags and purses from the weekend and start thinking about Wednesday night and what bags we'll need and what food needs to be prepared for the week.

Landis had a great time with his Daddy on the road this past weekend. Of course he played with Jason's son, Kade and THAT was fun! I'm happy to report that he did not have Pink Eye. My dad had taken him to get a hair cut on Wednesday and remembered him rubbing his eye and he even mentioned something about getting a hair in his eye. I called Bobby on Friday morning to check on Landis' eye and Bobby said his eye was perfectly normal! It was on Saturday morning after speaking with my dad on the phone that I put it all together and realized the problem was a hair and not an illness. You know I'll enjoy telling the Mother's Day Out director tomorrow that she was wrong with her diagnosis of Pink Eye. :)

The guys got home yesterday afternoon and after he had a nap I asked Bobby when we might see him again. He mentioned possibly Wednesday but later said he had been thinking about coming home on Tuesday. GOOD! I know it shaves off a couple of hours of work when he comes home but we really would like to see him more than just a few minutes on Wednesday night and then a little here and there on the weekend.

This weekend we'll all be at the church for the Women's Seminar. I'm doing a skit, and of course I'd like to attend the different classes offered and Bobby is running sound. The kids will be hanging out in the nursery.

Grace went to Speech Therapy at Vanderbilt again today, second visit. Last week I took her alone because Dad was here to keep the other children at the house. That was pretty nice. Today we all went down there and it really wasn't too bad. The therapist said she thought Landis and Hope's presence was good because of the stimulation it gives Grace. The therapist had a boom box hooked up to a big button that Grace activated fairly easily. When Grace turned the music on, Landis & Hope danced. When she turned the music off, they froze. Of course she was giggling and really enjoyed her "power" over them. She also used a head switch to work a computer. She did great with that.

Part of me hates to resort to all these artificial means of communication. It's called SPEECH therapy and I'd really like to see them working with her mouth. But I know there are statistics out there and the therapist is trained to believe them and work accordingly. She knows that at 7 years of age, if Grace hasn't spoken by now the odds are not in her favor to begin now. I don't know what the statistics are and I'm not asking. I just know that I'm supposed to "call those things that be not as though they were" and it will be counted to me for righteousness. So tonight when I prayed with the kids I kicked the devil in the teeth by speaking the Word over Grace. I spoke Psalm 107:20, Isaiah 53:5, Jer. 29:11 and Jer. 30:17. And then declared Grace IS a walking, talking testimony of God's goodness, and then Landis, Hope and I listed all the things we call Grace doing...riding a horse, swimming, riding a bike, dancing, etc.

God is faithful.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I like Mondays too. Me and the boys were all up in the middle of the night with congestion, coughs, and sore throat, a had to do a little teeth kickin' too.