Tuesday, March 07, 2006


I was going to take Grace (and Faith) to Lexington, KY today to the Shriner's Hospital for Children but because of a stupid cold (me) and not being able to sleep last night I opted to stay home today and just reschedule. Oh, so many things wrong with this but the one right thing is that Mary had agreed to watch my other two kids and it's her birthday. She didn't know until Sunday afternoon that Kris was planning a surprise for her by not going in to work and taking her and the boys to the zoo in Louisville. They really like zoos. When I called Mary at 6:00 this morning she was pretty glad to be able to go to the zoo with Kris and the boys afterall.

When I called the school to ask if it was ok for Grace to come to school (they weren't planning on her and were going to be a little understaffed) I apologized to Mrs. Mary, Grace's special ed. teacher, because it was an inconvenience that I threw on her the last minute. Her reply was, "That's ok. We can't control these things." Oh, that remark hit me like a slap in the face. My thought was, "Yes, we can. We can CHOOSE to be sick or we can CHOOSE to be healed." Shame on me for walking under the curse. Shame on me for bowing down to sickness. I had a sinus infection 4 years ago, the first that I know of, and I fought it with the Word. I could barely hold my head up and I really didn't know what was wrong with me. With everything in me I declared the Word over and over. I'd get tired and lay my head down and then I'd lift my head and declare the Word again. That sinus infection lasted 1 day. I've been messing around with this nonsense for 2 weeks. It's time to straighten up and fly right. By the way, I learned that I had a sinus infection because the next day I had a reflexology appointment and the reflexologist told me what it was because the relexes to my sinuses were still tender.

I have been keeping Faith awake in the evenings (pretty difficult) and she's been settling down much earlier for me. Yea!

No, this isn't the same picture as the last post.

Happy birthday today to Mary and Tisra!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm exhausted...but...I had a good day. Are you feeling better yet?