Friday, March 10, 2006

It has been a very emotional week. It's like I just had a baby or something. By Wednesday I was wondering if perhaps I'm experiencing the ever-popular "post-partum depression". Bobby's been gone so much. He's been working in Waverly (90 miles west of us) so he stays in a hotel out there Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights. So the kids say goodbye to him on Sunday evening and don't see him until Wednesday evening at church. It's a little rough but we're gonna make it. He should be finished in another month to 6 weeks...hopefully.

Today, I'm getting ready to go to Michigan. There's always soooo much to do to pack when you have kids yes, but Grace requires more packing as well. After 7 years I'm still packing bibs for her and her own food. I got smart and purchased a little $10 food chopper and left one at Dad's house and a second one at my in-laws in Arkansas. So that's one bulky thing I don't have to pack anymore. I know people wonder why I would put myself through the riggors of driving these 4 little ones alone all the way to Michigan but I had it planned where I would stop in Louisville and Bluffton, IN where I have friends, to make my pit stops. When Faith gets older it won't be a big deal. However, Dad decided to drive to TN in his van today, park it here, ride back with us in our van to MI tomorrow. He'll have his little car to get around up there and then he'll ride back to TN with us next Thursday and drive home in his van a few days later. It's a rather round-a-bout way to do it but it helps me with a second driver to speed the trip up and all.

Landis has been making up songs about driving to MI. He's so excited. It was July that we drove up there last.

There were 2 lines of thunderstorms last evening and it was very, very windy all day yesterday. I wasn't looking forward to the storms coming with Bobby gone. He left yesterday afternoon with Jason to sing in PA this weekend. They flew from Louisville to Baltimore and rented a vehicle from there. I thought about the possibility of having to get all the kids over to the neighbor's basement if need be. We had a tornado warning here in November and I carried Grace to the van while the other 2 ran (to the van) and we drove to the neighbor's basement to wait out the storm. Bobby joined us there when he got home from work. Now, with Faith here, I have to make 2 trips to the van carrying children. I figured surely the power would go out with all the wind and it would slow me down with laundry, etc. I want you to know the Lord is so good. It didn't storm at our house last night! It rained and blew a little and that's it! I was so GLAD.

It's a beautiful pre-spring day today.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'll bet you did just have a baby. Check and see how many kids you have.