Friday, March 03, 2006


My baby is still sleeping after putting her to bed 8 hours ago. That's great, but I'm not pleased. I'm not pleased because she didn't go to sleep until midnight. I guess it's really no different than my other babies did but what's different is I have to get up so much earlier to get Grace ready for the school bus.

Speaking of Grace, her notes from the teacher said that she worked harder Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week than she's worked all year. I love to get notes like that! Matter of fact, on Tuesday the teacher wrote that she did better holding her head up than she's ever seen her do.

Speaking of Tuesday, Bobby took me out to dinner for my birthday because Mr. Pat and his wife, Mary offered to keep the children. We even left Faith at home. When we got home, I had a gift waiting from the kids (and Mr. Pat.) He had several little video clips of them singing Happy Birthday and then put it on a disc for me to keep. There were solos as well as group singing. He had them all sign the disc to label it and then he also put snapshots on a second disc. How thoughtful was that? He and Mary said they'd watch the kids every now and then for us.

Well, I've got to get busy. I ordered an Oreck to try out for 30 days. They were offering a Verilux reading lamp to keep if you tried the vacuum. I took them up on that offer. My 30 day trial is half over and I haven't started the spring cleaning I promised myself I'd do.

2 comments:

Mary said...

In fact...I have the vaccuum! Ha! Wow, I need to have Pat and Mary come watch my kids...how sweet are they?

Tisra said...

Happy belated birthday; it sounds like you had a lovely time!